August 03, 2009

Live and Learn

Congratulations to Ben! He was the grand winner with a grand total of ONE song lyric.

Another congratulations to Michelle who was the only other person to enter!

I'll take the blame for this epic failure of a contest. The lyrics were pretty obscure and difficult. But there's this thing called "google". Check it out :)

So here are the answers:

1. There's someone calling, an angel whispers my name/ But the message relayed is the same - "Bones" by the Killers

2. I'll be yours if you'll be mine/ I tried to change, but I changed my mind - "Mexican Wine" by Fountains of Wayne

3. You finally took my hand, you finally took my hand/ It took a nip of gin, but you finally took my hand - "White Trash Wedding" by the Dixie Chicks

4. If there's any answer, maybe love can end the madness/ Maybe not but we can only try - "Beautiful" by Carole King

5. Baby close your eyes and listen to the music/ Drifting through a summer breeze - "Little Less Conversation" by Elvis Presley

6. Put on these chains and you can live a free life/ Well I'd rather bleed just to know why I die - "This Time Around" by Hanson

7. Forget about your algebra and calculus/ You can always do your homework on the morning bus - "Nicest Kids in Town" from the musical Hairspray

8. Beneath the noise, below the din/ I hear your voice, it's whispering - "Miracle Drug" by U2

9. Got these four wheels spinnin' round/ Me and my two tote caddie gonna blow this town - "Cadillac Car" from Dreamgirls

10. We fell in love in the key of C/ We walked along down by the sea - "A Shot in the Arm" by Wilco

Better luck next time!

No comments: