August 19, 2009

I Want S'More

On our first night, we headed down to the Barnstable Beach to do some off-roading and s'more-making. Like all nights on this vacation, the weather was GORGEOUS. I love Cape Cod. To two Floridians, the idea of wearing jeans and long sleeves anytime between February and December is completely foreign. If it weren't for the bonfire, we would have been popsicles!

When we arrived at the beach, we had to let the air out of the tires of my uncle's truck to be able to drive over the sandy beach. We passed some beautiful dunes and sea grasses as we followed the parade of trucks and RV's down the beach.

We secured a prime spot on the beach and set up camp to discourage other hoodlums from stealing our great view.

We grabbed pizzas at a local pizza joint a little ways down the street from the beach and brought them with us. I love Cape Cod. Mozzarella and Vine-Ripened Tomato with basil for the grown-ups (hey, that's me!) and cheese for the boys.

Divine.

We ate our dinner, played some frisbee, and watched the sunset. I love Cape Cod. Then it was time for s'mores! Here is a before shot.

NOM. NOM. NOM.

And after.

There is just something so right about s'mores. So quintessential of summer. So simple. So yummy.

I prefer my marshmallow to be slightly browned but my brother begs to differ.

He prefers his blackened to a crisp.

Overall, it was a great night and lots of fun was had by all. Have I mentioned I love Cape Cod? It's the truth.

No comments: