August 11, 2010

What a Sweetheart

WORK WORK WORK. I've already worked nearly 30 hours this week and each of those hours has been quite a struggle. Like I said, most substitutes went home for the two weeks before school starts. This means that there are way less people covering all of their shifts. Every room has been having trouble - the teachers are stressed because the subs aren't familiar with each class's routine, the kids are stressed because they don't recognize the subs which further stresses out the teachers and so on. It's been exhausting but it has also made for a very interesting and rewarding week so far!

But since I'm so frigging tired, I'm gonna brag about what a great boyfriend I have.

-He deep-cleaned my condo for me. After I had a messy sublettee during the spring semester, I returned from Spain to a disgusting bedroom and bathroom. I had planned to make a day of cleaning the place up, but when I showed up, it was already clean! This was the best present I could have ever asked for - it was so thoughtful and sweet!!
-He has helped me move. From moving my life into a storage unit to relocating it to my new apartment. He even helped me and my family move J into her new dorm. He's been a great help this summer.
-He's letting me use his big ol' TV. And we can now enjoy cable television in my new apartment. Oh, how I've missed you, Food Network!!!
-He shares my love of Food Network and food in general. 'Nuff said.
-He cooked me dinner tonight. After a long day at work, I could hear my stomach growling on my way home on the bus. When I walked in my apartment, I was greeted with a hug and the smell of creamy alfredo. He's the best :)
-His name is really fun to write. Like any teenage twenty-year-old girl, I enjoy signing my first name with his last name like we were married. So many strange and unusual letters to practice!

There are a kajillion other reasons why he's so awesome but I'll save those for another time. Happy Hump Day, guys!

No comments: