September 26, 2011

Chicken Fried Steaks

Pdubbs here again keeping you all entertained while Megjo slacks with this blogging gig :). Come Sunday, I was inspired again by Pioneer Woman and decided to make a nice homey dish, Chicken Fried Steaks, which was featured on the season premier of her Food Network show! I started out with my wet-dry station for the cube steaks. First off just some flour with some seasoning.


Then some milk with an egg, and of course more black pepper.

Then I took my cube steaks, soaked them in the milk/egg mixture and into the seasoned flour. Then once again into the egg and once again into the flour.


Then they were ready for some canola oil in a hot cast iron skillet.


Flipped 'em once they got nice and golden brown.


Once they were nice and golden brown on each side I removed them from the skillet and added some flour and milk to the grease and made a gravy.


While the gravy was thickening, I boiled some yukon gold's (Polish style, of course), and sweated some onions for the veggie side dish.



When it was all done, I plated the steaks with potatoes, and some peas with onions and topped it all with plenty of gravy!


Megan was so happy, she couldn't hold still for a picture!


She's definitely kickstarting fall with her cute dress!

-Pdubbs

No comments: