January 13, 2010

Dos Semanas

In exactly 14 days, I will be leaving sunny Florida for SPAIN!

I can't believe it's already here. On Monday I received my final housing packet in the mail from my study abroad program. It includes a bunch of information like our itinerary for the first week, other students in our program, and our housing assignments. Sadly I will be the only student representing the state of Florida so I guess I will be making LOTS of new friends. Here is the description of the home I will be living in:

"The apartment is right in front of the sea and has a breathtaking view. The apartment is large, yet cozy. There is one double room to be shared by two students. There are two bathrooms that are shared with the family. The apartment is 20 minutes walking distance from the student office and less than 10 from the city center."

Um.

Um.

Um.

Is this real life?! Because it sounds AMAZING. I was also able to find my roommate on facebook. Turns out she is already in Spain doing an Intensive Month program. She has 5 hours of intensive Spanish classes a day. Props to her because I don't think I could handle that.

I'm ecstatic that it's all happening so soon. But I'm already missing home. It's going to be extremelyt hard at first but it will definitely be an experience. I just want to be able to take advantage of everything the country has to offer and live as close to an authentic Spanish life as I can.

And of course, I will be blogging all of my experiences: the good, the bad and the ugly.

Hope everyone is having a great New Years and stay tuned for more frequent posting :)

1 comment:

RobsWorld said...

Are you TRYING to kill me? I'm so damn jealous. Don't forget to keep in touch so I can live vicariously. Hope to see you before you go. If not, be careful and enjoy every second.
Rob